Saturday, October 10, 2009

Must make lemonade....

This week has not been a fun week, we've been handed a lot of "lemons." The girls and I have been sick. Not sure if it's been a virus or the flu. The girls have had "it" the worst though. Poor girls. It's one that won't go away. They are both still coughing and snotty. YUCK. Then family drama. Had some disappointing news. Then trying to go do something fun today by going to the NC Transportation Museum, because it was supposed to rain and it being so packed that nothing "went" our way and Syd was such an Oscar. (You know.... the Grouch.) We had planned on a trip to the mountains to pick apples, and it NEVER did rain. SO, what did we do? We have to make lemonade with the lemons...

Well, on the way home we stopped by Concord Mills to see the Halloween store, Syd LOVES all "holidays" like her mommy, I LOVE that! We got a cool, over priced YUMMY candy apple and ate it together. Watched the fish at Bass Pro get fed. Poor little fish. Mommy got to go to Gymboree Outlet and found a cute pair of "dressy" jeans for Syd, I would love to buy the whole line of the polka dot stuff they had for both girls. Really, I LOVE polka dots and Gymboree! BUT I bought just the jeans, I was a good girl. Then we started talking about wanting to go to pick apples but didn't want to miss church. We LOVE our church. So, we went to church tonight. We really enjoyed the service, may start going on Sat nights from now on. Then 5 Guys, because one MUST go after church, it's the only logical place in our book. Then, when we got home, the disappointing news was now good news! Now the girls and K are asleep, dreaming of what fun we WILL have tomorrow picking apples and climbing trees.

So, when I said, "God, really, why is nothing going our way? Why has this week been so sucky?" He said, "It's not sucky, just wait and see! Trust me." Through this week, I have learned I must look for the positive, not be so negative and to TRUST... one sin in the many sins I need to pull out by the roots. No more using the weedeater. :o) Now off to enjoy some sweet lemonade, cheers!

0 comments: