Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New food...

Those who know me, know I've never been an avid cooker. I *think* I would be if I had the space, time, unlimited funds, etc. ha! And my food choices usually consist of anything a 5 year old would eat. For instance, a casserole, I usually won't touch it, too many foods all mixed together. I will admit, I'm getting better! I actually have tried new stuff in the past year and LOVED it. Like creamed spinach (I LOVE me some creamed spinach) this appetizer called Turkish Borek at Blue was yummy, but the cucumber dip stuff was DIVINE, etc. SO, 2010 is going to be my year of venturing out... brightening my horizons... maybe my girls will learn to like new foods too, even though Sydney RARELY has a problem with any! ;o) At least 2 new receipes a week is my goal.

The key to being something I will try is:

#1 Not many ingredients. I'd like to keep it at the most 7 or 8.
#2 Easy to find ingredients.
#3 Nothing pricey to make.
#4 If it has cheese, it's getting moved to the top of the try list.
#5 If it has cheese AND is healthy it's moved to #1.
#6 (Most important) It must be SIMPLE to do and FAST to put together.

So there... I'll be posting what I try and whether we liked it or not as we go. Starting with the Kraft Foods website, they have a ton of recipes right up my alley. Tomorrow night, Tuscan Chicken Simmer, since I have all ingredients here, I think. http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/tuscan-chicken-simmer-111677.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbe-_-bst_rcps_2009-_-NA

0 comments: