Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tuscan Chicken Simmer (Kraftfoods.com)


It is YUMMY!! Not a little bit but A LOT! I followed the recipe for the most part, but did some minor tweaks.



- Instead of the tomatoes (because I'm the only one who eats tomatoes here and I don't like them cooked unless they are in a sauce) I used canned mushrooms. Just a can of the Food Lion brand. I LOVE mushrooms and Kenny is eating them now too!



- I used Classico's pesto sauce and I can't complain. I didn't measure out exact on that by any means.



- I used spaghetti instead of the fettuchini it pictured.



What I'd do differently next time:


- It doesn't SAY to put the chicken and sauce on top of the noodles, but that's what I'll do next time. You end of mixing the sauce in the noodles anyways because it's so good.



- Will add a little more water to the sauce, it would coat the noodles better. It thickens back up FAST!



- Plan to try it a little "healthier" using the fat free or less fat cream cheese, and will use Dreamfields pasta again, better for you and I don't like the grain-iness of the other healthy pastas. Also using just mozzerella is better for you too instead of the 5-cheese.



Did the adults like it? YES!
Did the girls like it? YES!
Was it easy? YES!
Will I cook it again? YES!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, I saw your blog on Laura's site -- have you ever been to pioneerwoman.com? If you have not, you would love her!