Thursday, August 27, 2009

4 Year Check Up

Sydney’s 4 year check up was today. My poor baby got 4 shots and her finger pricked. She was such a BRAVE girl! She did cry, and I did too. Just seeing her determined to be brave before she got the shots, then the shock that it did hurt, tore me up. She did so well though. Wish I could get them for her. The good thing is that she gets no more shots until she’s TWELVE!!! Hopefully she’ll forget it all by then. Thank goodness for the silly goo that makes poot sounds when you push it back in the container from the treat box, it sure made her giggle She is 49lbs and 42.5 inches tall, putting her on the 97th percentile for weight and between the 95th and 97th for height. She’s going to be a super tall girl, I’m so excited for her! Last week we bought her a new pair of shoes, 12.5 XW!! So, looking at it like you would puppies and big feet, she’s going to be a big one! Ha!

Dr Honeycutt was impressed with all that she is able to do. She didn’t want to do the shape sign but the letters sign for testing her eyes. She also “read” a book to her sis while the doc was in the room, she knew the numbers at the top and made up the story to go with the pictures. It was so cute! So proud of my big girl!! She also showed her the pic she drew of me on the back of the questionnaire we fill out before check-ups. She had written Mommy across the top and pointed out even my “ear holes” that she was sure to include. Silly girl!. Chick Fil A was the lunch of choice and M&M’s when we got home. I put Mylie down for a nap, then Syd and I cuddled in my bed for a while. I LOVE cuddling with my girls. LOVE IT! She seemed happy the rest of the day. Hoping tomorrow is a great day as well! We have a party to get ready for on Saturday! Lazy 5 Ranch here we come! We’ve got to Move It Move It! Syd's going to have a BLAST!

As for Mylie, she spent the whole appt meticulously putting on her and her sis’ shoes. It totally entertained her. She also sat in my lap while we were waiting and I was able to read a WHOLE BOOK before she got out of my lap! I was in shock! Maybe she’s calming down a bit? NOT! Ha!

OH! This was my first day on my own since all of the craziness. It feels so good getting back to normal. I wish my back would cooperate and I could keep the emotions under control better, but it'll get there! As of this week my HCG levels are down to 43, so it's getting closer! Hopefully a TON lower next week! This has kicked my butt, that's for sure. I couldn't have gotten through it without Kenny, family and friends. And all of their prayers! God is good!

0 comments: