Sunday, August 9, 2009

Volunteering

We've been going to Elevation for a while now, and were ready to get involved. Today gave us no more excuses, they had focused the whole day on volunteering and how important they are. Again, we knew we wanted to, and were really waiting for all of our summer beach travels to be done so we could give 100%. BUT now, we have no excuse. Yes, we are going to the beach again, but not for 5 weekends in a row. PLEASE don't slap me, ha! Again NO excuse. So, we did it. Kenny has the wonderful talent of being an awesome audio production dude. (I'm sure I'll get corrected as to what he wants to be called "technically" later, ha ha!) I, however, don't know where I'll really fit in yet. Yes, I love kids, but do I want to work with them when I have some crazy busy ones with me 24-7? (And of course sweet, loving and beautiful too!) How can I use my love of interior design, encouragement, coupons, and/or anything else artsy AND maybe somehow be with my hubby? We'll find out. God has special plans for me, I know. I want to give Him my 100%. I don't want to be simply "fed" anymore, and become a fat cow. ha! (Yep, cow tipping reference.) I want to do and be used for Him. Please pray for me, Kenny and what God's going to do through us. :o) I'm anxious and excited!!! We should be getting phone calls this week to get plugged in. I'll keep ya'll posted.

PS Again, check back tonight for Syd's surprise! :o) (Well, it's ours too, but she illustrated it better than we could.)

0 comments: